Wednesday, January 6, 2010 | By: Brianna

A Class Act

First day of class invariably brings with it the promise of work. And with the promise of work comes the certainty of procrastination. Not only have I spent an ungodly amount of time on Facebook, but I have also spent a good amount of time lying face down on my bed wishing that I didn't have anything to do but knowing that if I didn't have anything to do...I would be doing the same thing.

Not only have I correctly identified a serious problem in myself, but I have also discovered a truth. A really depressing truth.

I even procrastinate when I have nothing to procrastinate.

But in my defense, half of my work has to be left unfinished, undone, etc. because I don't have the books for those classes. Which might be a legitimate excuse to me, I'm not sure what my professors would say if I offered that excuse. "I'm sorry, professor, I would have done the reading, but I didn't have the book to read. Because it's currently in transit from some unknown place I ordered it from on the Internet." Because the Internet is so reliable.

It's a bad sign when I start reading something and all the words seem to hit a wall in my brain. I'm talking about literally bouncing off my brain as if it's a trampoline. All that stuff about the death penalty shed its shoes and is now bouncing around performing impressive acrobatic stunts on the trampoline that is currently my brain. Pretty sure if I could take my brain from my skull, it would make a fantastic bouncy ball right now.

Hopefully this isn't an indication of what the rest of the semester will be like.

0 comments:

Post a Comment