Saturday, October 15, 2011 | By: Brianna

Even More Things I've Learned

Today is a good day.  It's also a spectacularly good day for writing a list.  So here we go!

More Things I've Learned:
  • Carry a fork.  It's good for eating ice cream, pudding, and eggs.  All in the same day.
  • The Kool-Aid jammers (or whatever they're called) will not tell you where they're made/manufactured.  You will be convinced they come from China.
  • Do not kid about buying alcohol for the underage resident of the underage RA who's with you at the time...
  • There will be a question of coincidence versus fate when you pick up that trashy romance novel to find the name of a person you know in the synopsis.
  • The cashier at Target will question your intelligence.  You will resent this because you go to the better school in town.
  • The answer is always "pretend you like someone else" if someone's creeping on you.
  • Ukulele on a porch swing?  Always yes.
  • I've got the moves like Jagger.  Sometimes.
  • My favorite fall jacket is eerily similar to my boyfriend's.  Although his probably doesn't have a hole in the pocket.
  • Nothing in "Go Getter Greg" was planned...naaaah....
  • Kyle just wants to dance.
  • I am only semi-cliche.  (Teddy bear with a butter knife.)
  • Hugs in parking lots.  That's it.
  • Drinks that are neon-colored are delicious.  And taste like Kool-Aid.
  • "I'll have a shot if she does."  Challenge accepted!
  • Some contacts are frightening.
  • Yes, you can make a scene in Target.  And Kroger.  And Jewel.
  • Bats don't like being woken up and will not "glide" if you drop them in the bushes.
  • Seize every "loppertunity" and push down dead trees.
  • Hang out in the kitchen and you will get fed cookies.
  • The Brat Stop is terrifying.
  • River Song is only slightly better than I thought she was.
  • Notes are always better and more educational if you write them in pretty pen.
  • The first time you use your disappearing TARDIS mug, you will use it to eat vanilla ice cream (from goodness only knows how long ago) with a fork.
  • You will wake up after a night on the town with a strange craving for greasy food.
  • I have written over 40 poems as part of my poem-a-day project (and I have just realized that this can be made into the PAD project.  I'm not sure how I feel about this.)
  • It doesn't matter how determined you are to "work" on Fall Break Day, you will spend the majority of your time travelling around town, ranting to your friend in a sorority house, and worrying about the work you need to get done.
That's all I've got for now, we'll see if I can learn more things before the end of this weekend!

"Personally, I'm always ready to learn, although I do not always like being taught."
- Winston Churchill

0 comments:

Post a Comment