Monday, July 5, 2010 | By: Brianna

Organization

Today is a rare type of day in my life, being a day of organization. I have my very own method of organization that involves making piles of things and sifting through them every now and again in order to pretend that I'm "cleaning" my room. Today's organization required that I go through all of my writing and sort through it. Now, I've kept everything I've ever written ever since my first creative writing class in 3rd grade. At least, around then. I can tell because of the evolution of my handwriting throughout my writing collection.
So you can imagine the sheer bulk of papers that I have in my possession.
Today I will finally be retiring my old blue and sticker-covered one inch binder in favor of a file boxy thing that I just got from Target. It's magical, I'll tell you that much.
The problem is that I don't really organize things. So I've been spreading out all my writing, making random and separate piles that would probably only make sense to me, which is how I'd like to keep it. It's weird to see all my writing spread out like this though, and it makes me wonder if I'll ever use that little blurb I wrote about a girl riding a horse in 4th grade. And it's enough paper to make me regret that our family doesn't recycle paper. Heh heh.

Organizing is what you do before you do something, so that when you do it, it's not all mixed up.--A.A. Milne

0 comments:

Post a Comment