Monday, February 11, 2013 | By: Brianna

Challenge Day 4

I am amazed by how wonderfully I'm doing with this daily writing challenge.  But I really should save the sarcasm for some better use.  I'm sure I could find something to do with it.  Somehow.  Maybe.  Today we have Day 4: A poem using the words: blue, mistrust, half, twang.  I can't promise you that it's any good, since it's the poem from my Poem-A-Day Project for today, and it's rough, and I could try saying that I won't apologize, but what I just said already undermined that.  Blah.  Anyway...here it is!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

February 11, 2013

I pondered over my Cheerios
what it meant to feel blue
and why I never felt purple.
With my bowl half empty, 
I wondered,
the Cheerios soaking up the milk
like little donut shaped sponges.
(yet that's an image I would mistrust)

And when the phone rang
you asked me what I wanted
for dinner--I want your twang.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Voila!

And just like I do every year, I'm going to resolve to maintain this blog over Lent.  Like I've said in previous years, I'm not a fan of giving things up for Lent because I really believe that this should be a time used to create and maintain a good habit.  So.  Here we go starting on Wednesday...hopefully will come the daily blog posts.  Fingers crossed, folks!

“People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but actually from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint - it's more like a big ball of wibbly wobbly... time-y wimey... stuff.”
- Doctor Who

0 comments:

Post a Comment