Sunday, April 1, 2012 | By: Brianna

NaPoWriMo #1

Today I learned that National Poetry Writing Month was a thing in addition to National Poetry Month, and it's April!  You can find information here: http://www.napowrimo.net/.  And there's a Twitter account that you can follow.

I wasn't feeling too creative, but I did write a small bit of a poem-ish on April Fool's Day based on the first line that my friend gave me.

April 1, 2012

I'm pregnant,
only not really because
I thought I'd make
an April fool of you.
I really thought
you'd believe me
while I carry
my food baby.

I promise on my soul that these will get better.  I've been doing my Poem-A-Day Project for 7 months now, and the first couple in a month are usually rough.  So we'll see how this goes.  Ready?  WRITE!

0 comments:

Post a Comment