Thursday, March 29, 2012 | By: Brianna

Write Bloody

So I submitted to the open submission for Write Bloody Publishing.  Lots of stress about that, I had to re-write three poems and submit them along with a paragraph about why I would fit in with their writers.  But that was just the first round.  If I make it to the second round, I need 40 poems.  Granted, I have over 40 poems from my Poem-A-Day Project, it's just a matter of picking them.

I'm trying to figure out if I should pick a certain number from each month or if I should treat them all the same and just pick the best overall.  It'd probably be better to go with the latter idea because I'm more likely to come up with the best poems ever that way because I can't really say that each month was created equal...some months were just bad.  Whole months, yeah.

What I'm thinking now is that I should consult my Poem Keepers.  They read my poems for those months, so why not ask them what were their favorites?  I'm thinking that I might ask them to read a month that they didn't collect because that might be interesting.  They would get to read new things anyway that way.  Hm.

September -- K80sill
October -- Melbourne
November -- Boomerang
December -- Me
January -- Bairfanx
February -- Samuel
March -- Mama Bear

At the same time I don't want to overwhelm people with one more thing to do for me.  I mean, reading poetry and picking your favorite poems isn't exactly the most difficult thing in the world to do, but at the same time it's an obligation that I don't want people to feel if they don't really want to read poetry.  And I flatter myself that my poetry's fun, so it should be okay to read, but you know...I could just be crazy.

"At high noon
outside the saloon
was a gun-slinging raccoon
named Charlie."
- November 15, 2011 from the Poem-A-Day Project

0 comments:

Post a Comment