Wednesday, March 7, 2012 | By: Brianna

To Do over Spring Break

Spring Break starts this Friday.  Because it's a break in the middle of the semester and professors don't generally take pity on us, I'm not foreseeing a lot of free time because I'll probably have school work to do, but I can dream, right?  What follows is a list of all the things I want to do over Spring Break if there's time.

  • Write a poem about a stripper cannon (not-so-long story, but it's a "you had to be there" story...so I'm just going to let that one lie.  No pun intended.)
  • Learn how to cook something that isn't cereal and milk, toast, French toast, oven pizza, any type of pasta, or things that Brianna already knows how to "cook"
  • Visit Chicago Zinefest with David, even though I have no idea what to expect from this extravaganza
  • Blog daily (naturally)
  • Read for fun (any number of the books that I own that I should read mostly because I own them and they're lonely having not been read, but probably Good Omens if I can remember to bring it home with me)
  • Re-write my stories for my fiction class (because they need to be re-written for class, and perhaps the home environment will help inspire me)
  • Adventure through Chicago with Katie (there's a list of things that Katie wants to see while she's in Chicago, so we're going to see if we can do that)
  • Continue the Poem-A-Day Project and give the March poems I have already to my March Poem Keeper, Claire
  • Watch Disney movies with my little brother, because he asked if I wanted to watch movies, eat popcorn, drink pop, and pretend that we're little kids again, and how could I possibly refuse an invitation like that?!
  • Work on door decs for my RAs (because they're going to be due soon, and I should probably have them done at some point)
  • Work on my April bulletin board(s) (I'm thinking I'm going to do a board on Poisson d'avril and also for National Poetry Month)
  • Think of active program ideas revolving around National Poetry Month because my residents are going to be educated if it's the last thing that I do, Poem In Your Pocket Day may have to happen...
  • Figure out something for Talk Like Shakespeare Day:  http://www.talklikeshakespeare.org/
  • Figure out Disney College Program things (roommate matching, employment forms, etc.  Things like that because I keep forgetting to right now...)
"I like to do all the talking myself.  It saves time, and prevents arguments."
- Oscar Wilde

0 comments:

Post a Comment