Friday, December 30, 2011 | By: Brianna

Little Things that Make Me Happy

So (SPOILERS!) I'm making a bulletin board for February on Random Acts of Kindness.  I'm doing a lot of looking into things that make people happy and little bits of kindness and all that jazz, and I found a list of lists of things that make people happy.  Little things.  So I thought I'd follow suit and write up my own list of little things that make me happy.  In no particular order...

  • Folded over potato chips
  • Burnt popcorn
  • Hugs
  • Warm socks
  • Cuddly old man sweaters
  • Cuddling in general
  • The smell of books
  • Writing with a new pen in a new notebook
  • Shopping for school supplies, even if I'm not actually purchasing anything
  • Wind farms
  • Black and white photographs
  • Ruffles (not the potato chips)
  • Getting in the car and turning on the radio to a song I know
  • Dancing in the aisles at the grocery store
  • Wax seals
  • Stamps
  • Finding change on the ground
  • Walking in the fire lane
  • Sitting at a campfire when it's just cold enough that the side of me facing away from the fire gets cold
  • A good hair day
  • Sudoku
  • Baby animals
  • When someone recognizes one of my references
  • Opening the door before someone knocks on it
  • Clean laundry smell
  • E-mails or messages from a friend I was just thinking about
  • Sunrises
  • Being able to read the French on random labels
  • Snail mail
  • Riding a bike down the gigantic hill on the bike trail through the forest preserve
  • Typewriters (the romantic old kind)
  • Those bells that you can ring on the front counter of certain stores
  • Fortune cookies

0 comments:

Post a Comment