Sunday, March 3, 2013 | By: Brianna

Turn the Page

Q:  Grab the book nearest to you and turn to page 18.  Find line 4.

A:  We have a winner!  It's The Oxford American Desk Dictionary and Thesaurus!  (This is what I get for writing this post in here instead of in my room!)

Page 18 and we're still in A.  And the 4th word on page 18?

"Ah - expressing surprise, pleasure, realization, etc."  Closely followed by "Aha."  There you have it, folks, the dictionary!

(pause for applause)

Q:  Hey, so, uh...remember how you said you were going to write a blog post every day of Lent?

A:  Yup.

Q:  So what's this supposed to be?

A:  A blog post.

Q:  Pretty sorry excuse for a blog post if you ask me.

A:  Oh yeah?  Well, imaginary questioning figment of my imagination, no one really did ask you in the first place, did they?  So I'm just going to call this blog post lame and done and carry on with my day.  Maybe I'll deign to post one of my poems from February up here.  Maybe.  One never knows what wonders they may discover here, and though I regret that this post is also a pointless post like yesterday's...it's just something I'm going to have to live with considering the time constraint I am currently under.  Well, what do you have to say to that?

Q:  ...

A:  That's what I thought.

"The struggle of literature is in fact a struggle to escape from the confines of language; it stretches out from the utmost limits of what can be said; what stirs literature is the call and attraction of what is not in the dictionary."
- Italo Calvino

0 comments:

Post a Comment