Wednesday, May 25, 2011 | By: Brianna

Summer Scheduling

Q:  What do you want to do this summer?

A:  Well, I'm thinking of starting a list right now.  Because there are quite a few things I want to do this summer!  Of course, this is a working list that'll be added to, hopefully.

Summer To Do:

  • learn how to cook -- because I know how to make toast, cereal and milk, PB&J and French toast.  That's about it.
  • make crepes (okay, that's related to "learn how to cook") -- because they're delicious
  • produce/direct/organize a series of fairy tales to be performed at my local library -- because I was invited to do so for the fourth summer in a row!
  • explore/do the touristy thing/get lost in the city -- because I've never done it, due to the fact that I'm terrified of it.  I really just have to take a deep breath and go.
  • go to the zoo and animal watch while also people watching -- because it would be a ton of fun to just hang out at the zoo all day and write about the people that I see in addition to the animals and all their amazingness.
  • geocache with my brother -- because we did it last summer, and it was SO much fun!
  • ride a bike (preferably more often than using a car) -- because it's green AND healthy!
  • read.  A lot. -- because let's face it, I'm not going to have a lot of time next semester, and I need to get my fun reading!
  • write at least 5 poems -- so I made this a thing to do last summer, and it didn't happen, but I really want it to this year, so I'm hoping I'll commit!
  • brainstorm re-writes for "Inked" -- it's a story from ages ago, but I really want to rewrite it because I like it a lot, the problem lies in whether I can bring myself to do the major overhauls it needs.
  • spend an afternoon in the library -- why not?
  • drive to my favorite walking spot -- because that happens all the time.
  • dance in the rain until I get soaked and then curl up in a pile of blankets to watch a movie -- elaborate? Yes.  Worth every second?  Very yes.
  • clean my room -- it must be done.  It should probably be done every summer...
  • craft, do lots of crafts -- because it'll be fun!
  • make a quidditch shirt -- this one, although I'm going to make myself a Hufflepuff one, methinks.
  • shop at a thrift shop, actually get something, and alter or wear it
  • work out -- whaaaa?
That's all I've got for now.
And I apologize for falling behind on the blog posts, I keep putting them off until late in the day and then either forgetting, or posting them after midnight...as shown by "yesterday"'s post.

"It's not that bad.  I'm not saying I'd like to build a summer home here, but the trees are actually quite lovely."

- The Princess Bride

0 comments:

Post a Comment