Friday, December 23, 2011 | By: Brianna

Itunes Shuffle Poem

I know today is Poetry Friday.  And the fact that I remembered this on actual Friday is a miracle.  But I'm going to provide this "original poem" (yay for creative punctuation!) and hopefully read and "analyze" a poem here later today.  Fingers crossed.  It's ambitious, but I think we can do it.  Ready...GO!

1. Open up iTunes or the equivalent (or if you prefer, use your MP3 player)
2. Put it on shuffle.
3. Play 21 songs.
4. If you come across an instrumental song, skip it and play another song instead. Otherwise, no skipping!
5. Write down the first line of each of the first twenty songs. This is your poem. You can't change the line order, but you can group the stanzas however you like.
6. The first line of the twenty-first song is your poem's title.

Tell me where our time went
by: Brianna

We all know the girls 
that I am talking about,
this concrete road 
used to just be dirt.
I touch the fire 
and it freezes me midnight
bottle take me 
calmly through my memories.

There is no future 
there is no past.
Might fall in love 
but it's dead tonight.

Whispering,
"Think of me."

Maria Elena, 
you're an answer to a prayer
You left me.

What's left of me is in this room
(Coach said to fake right, 
break left.)
Are you going to live your life 
wondering, "Blackbird singing"
in the dead of night?
Just play a riff 
on my heartstrings.

I can think of younger days 
when living for my life...
my life is a series of 
actors changing places.
I'm lying here 
on the floor 
where you left me
So far away 
from knowing 
where I'm going.
What you forget?

0 comments:

Post a Comment