Tuesday, July 5, 2011 | By: Brianna

Disney Favorites

Q:  What is your favorite Disney movie of all time and why?/Who is your favorite Disney character?

A:  My favorite Disney movie for some time was Sleeping Beauty, and I think that might have been because it was Mom's favorite Disney movie, and I wanted to be just like her.  I'm also a fan of Beauty and the Beast, Mulan, and Brother Bear (though my mother laughs at me every time I say the last one).

Since about sophomore year of high school, or whenever it was that I got the movie for my birthday, I have LOVED Lilo and Stitch, making my favorite character(s) the two title characters.  I love the animation with all the rounded bubbly edges, and I love the script (because it's absolutely brilliant).

Lilo: It's Sandwich Day.
Hula Instructor: .....
Lilo: (deep breath) Every Thursday I bring Pudge the Fish a peanut butter sandwich.  But today we were out of peanut butter!  So I asked my sister what I should give him and she said a tuna sandwich!  Do you know what tuna is?
Hula Instructor:  Fish?
Lilo:  It's fish!  If I gave Pudge tuna, I'd be an abomination!  So I'm late because I had to go to the store to get peanut butter because all we had was...was stinking tuna!!!
Hula Instructor:  Lilo, why is this so important to you?
Lilo:  Pudge controls the weather.

Most of all I enjoy how absolutely adorable the relationship between Lilo and Stitch is.  It's fascinating to see the relationship between a small Elvis-loving Hawaiian girl and a convict from outer space develop.  Plus the aliens are pretty cool.  I'm always a sucker for a good alien.  (See Doctor Who.  I rest my case.)  I genuinely enjoy watching Lilo and Stitch every single time I watch the movie because I always manage to forget something about the plot or the little things that happen in between scenes, and it opens my eyes to the magical experience all over again.  I may or may not have a new appreciation for Elvis all because of this movie.  I feel that I should like at least a good part of his music if I'm going to watch Lilo and Stitch because so much of the soundtrack features The King.

So right now (even though I haven't seen it in a while), my favorite is Lilo and Stitch.  I even dressed up as Lilo and brought my Stitch to a Disney themed birthday party while I was in high school (back when I had super long hair):
Myself on the left, and Belle on the right!
Plus it's such a comfy outfit, it's hard to resist wearing it on a daily basis.  If I had enough floral dresses, maybe I would.  There's really no telling.

And it's a smart, touching movie.  Really beautiful.  Love!

But recently, since I only just saw Tangled, I'm growing to like that quite a bit too.  I wanted so much to make The Princess and the Frog my favorite, but it didn't hold the same magic for me that Lilo and Stitch does.  Anyway, I love Tangled, and I'll have to purchase it and watch it over and over and over again to see if it lasts like Lilo and Stitch.

"Ohana means family.  Family means no one gets left behind.  Or forgotten."
- Lilo and Stitch

0 comments:

Post a Comment