Monday, July 25, 2011 | By: Brianna

Hitchkratz's Guide to the Galaxy: Grimm Theatre

The Hitchkratz's Guide to the Galaxy's entry on "Grimm Theatre" is a bit spotty, but supplemented by first hand experience from one of the Guide's field writers.

Today marks the end of my fourth year directing fairy tales for The Grimm Players, a troupe of actors I organized.  Considering this is the end of a summer's worth of hard work, I feel that I should be sad or depressed.  It's not that it was a burden, so I'm not jumping up with joy that it's over, but I'm glad that we finished up successfully.  I'm proud of our group and all that we've accomplished within the past four summers.  We started out as a group of four actors performing three fairy tales written and directed by one me. Oh, and four milk crates.  And by now we've expanded to six actors, three writers, two directors, and six milk crates.  We have truly grown in size, talent, creativity, and innovation.  Today I can safely say that I've never been prouder of that little troupe that I started and how far we've come since the summer of 2008.  To put it simply, we're amazing.  There's no room for modesty here, we really are amazing.  While I've had nothing to do outside of this pursuit due to my unemployment and inactivity, my actors have juggled this commitment plus full time summer jobs, summer classes, drivers ed., and family commitments.  I really appreciate everything these talented people have brought to this project.  And all that's left to say is "Well done!" (Field Agent 061508, writer/director/producer of The Grimm Players)
 The Hitchkratz's Guide to the Galaxy would like to apologize that this entry is full of incomprehensible and partially sentimental nonsense, but that is where the entry ends.  A new field agents is scheduled to be assigned to this entry during a summer some time in the year 3025.  Thank you.

"What an excellent day for an exorcism."
- The Brothers Grimm (movie)

0 comments:

Post a Comment