Wednesday, July 27, 2011 | By: Brianna

Rule Breakers

Q:  Have you ever broken a rule or a law?  Did you get caught or did you get away with it?

A:  The simple answer?  Yes.

In my high school, we have the student handbook as part of our planners.  Of course, being the person I am, I found it amusing to read the student handbook on certain days when I was really bored.  I found out that "shoes must be worn at all times while in the building."  Now I really like socks.  I kid you not, my favorite article of clothing is socks.  (Is?  Are socks...?  Hm.)  Anyway, I decided then and there that that rule would have to be broken at some point in my high school career.  I talked about running down the hallway in rainbow toe socks throughout my high school career, but I never got around to it until my senior year of high school.

It was May of 2008.  I think.  And two of my friends and I ran down the hall in our socks.  Take that, Loyola!  We are rebels.  What can I say?

That's me in the middle.  Tie dye and rainbow toe socks.  Classy, eh?
And then there were my pennants.  Pink and orange pennants that I shouldn't write a blog post about.  Because the authorities are probably still looking for me about those...

"Any fool can make a rule, and any fool will mind it."
- Henry David Thoreau

0 comments:

Post a Comment