Sunday, April 21, 2013 | By: Brianna

Catchin' Up!

Remember that time when I was on time with all my poems and I didn't have to write multiple poems in a single day?  I remember that time, that was a good time...ah, memories.  April 19th isn't getting posted here because no one needs to read that.

April 20, 2013

I remember when you
were this big,
a football held
in my brother's arms
because he always liked kids
more than me.
By the time you were old,
you floated in the lake
buoyed up by a life jacket
while I jumped off the pier.

It astounds me
that I can remember
pushing your stroller
at Lincoln Park Zoo
because today you have a girlfriend
and tell stories about track.


April 21, 2013
(stolen from 101 Things to Do with Ramen Noodles because I mistakenly thought that living with my parents meant that I wouldn't have to eat Ramen anymore)

"Cook noodles in water according to package directions."

Whether or not
your water is
salt or fresh
doesn't ultimately matter.
Drain noodles.
Add sodium packet
for instant death
or immediate increase
in blood pressure
like your father's
when you wake him
from his nap.
If sodium is not
to your taste,
mix in peanut butter.
That works too.
Find the largest bowl
in the house or
eat straight from the pot.

Enjoy.

1 comments:

Brother Ollie said...

dig the peanut butter idea

Post a Comment