Monday, April 8, 2013 | By: Brianna

To Seduce a Whovian

I love Doctor Who.  I don't know if I say that enough on this blog, but I do.  This morning, I watched the most recent episode, and it made me smile, made me cry, and made me smile all over again.  It was beautiful.  I particularly enjoyed the reference to "The Walrus and the Carpenter."  Oh, and Clara.  Because she's adorable and I'm looking forward to getting to know her.

Anyway, I was driving on my way to pour my wallet into a gas-providing machine, and it suddenly struck me that today is the perfect day to write a nerd poem.  So here we go!

To Seduce a Whovian
(April 8, 2013)

Hand them a leaf,
crinkled around the edges
and scarlet middled,
tell them this leaf
is the most important leaf
in all of human history.
Pull them into a phone booth,
a red one will do
if blue is unavailable,
in the space remaining,
flying them to the moon.
Gift them with souvenirs
from your travels,
then take them along
for the next one.
Wear nothing
but a bow tie
and maybe a fez.
Whisper sweet nothings
surrounding the Shadow Proclamation
and be a Bad Wolf
when you use your sonic.

There was a time when I had a big long list of ideas for a series of nerd poems, and I did write a couple of them for my Stand Up Poetry class a couple years ago, but it's definitely a subject that I have a lot of fun writing about even though I haven't written a nerd poem in a very long time.  So on that note, I'm thinking that I may return to that list of ideas if I can find it.

Clara:  So we're moving through actual time?  So what's it made of?  Time.  If you can just rotor through it, it must be made of stuff, like jam's made of strawberries.  So what's it made of?
The Doctor:  Well.  Not strawberries.  No.  No, no, no.  That would be unacceptable.
-  Doctor Who, The Rings of Akhenaten

0 comments:

Post a Comment