Tuesday, April 9, 2013 | By: Brianna

Separation Anxiety

I was all over the place today.  I was going to write about drawing blood or booty calls and snack foods, but neither of those ideas really struck me as something that I wanted to write about.  Not sure if it's just because I'm discontent with my current cache of ideas or if I'm hitting a wall, but there it is.  It would be really great if I wasn't hitting a wall because it's fairly early in the month and I should really keep writing.  Because that's a thing.

Yesterday I met up with a friend for dinner (we went for Thai food and it was awesome), and she asked me, "So your Poem-A-Day Project is basically for forever now, right?"  I shrugged noncommittally.  To be quite honest, I have no idea.  I don't know if there's ever going to be a point when I say, "Huh, I think I've written enough poems, I'll just stop writing daily ones."  Because who knows if I'd ever actually write poetry on my own time without the constraint of writing one a day?  And who knows if they'd actually turn out?

My brain is telling me that now is the perfect time to write another zodiac poem because I'm at a loss for what to write...but I'm not really feeling that either.  Not for today, at least.  And I have no idea why!

Oh, my life is so difficult.

Luckily an idea struck me on my way home from internship #2.

April 9, 2013

When you left this morning,
I thought
you were never coming back.
I panicked.
Ran straight to your bed,
rifled through the rumpled sheets,
found the edge of memory foam,
and chewed.
The porous soft stuff
was tough to tear,
but once I got a hunk,
the mechanical chewing
made me feel better.
And the sheets still smelled
like you before you shower
and you know how much
I love that.
So with memory foam
hanging from my lips,
I forgot
to clean up.
I rushed into the closet
to cuddle with your
new $75 leather boots.
Lonely
and hungry.
I ate them.
I'm really sorry,
I just missed you so much.
And I didn't know
what else to do
because you said peeing inside
made me a bad dog.

"A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than he loves himself."
- Josh Billings

0 comments:

Post a Comment