Thursday, June 23, 2011 | By: Brianna

The Day After

Q:  So how are you this morning?

A:  Just fine.  I may have slept until 10 AM, but it was delicious, I can tell you that right now.

Q:  What are your plans for today?

A:  Today I plan to make a prototype/draft/initial drawing of the Marauders Map that I'm going to be making for my staff.  Of course there's a slight possibility that members of my staff might read this blog, leading to spoiling the surprise and all of my fun, but that possibility is slight.  And even if it was true, I probably wouldn't want to know because I'd like to pretend that it'll be a surprise.  Anyway, this Marauders Map is going to be one of those signs where the RAs can move a little marker to let their residents know where they are at all times.  Oftentimes RAs forget to move the marker, but that's quite alright.  So I'm making this Marauders Map inspired sign thingy and the little markers are going to be footprints with a little banner that says the name of the RA!  I'm SO beyond excited, there aren't enough words to describe it.  I'm geeking out, I kid you not.  There will be pictures.

I'm also hosting rehearsal at my house for The Grimm Players, the fairy tale performing troupe that I'm directing.  It occurs to me that I should probably go out and look for costumes for that, but considering I had little to no luck finding costumes last time and I would have to fill the car up with gas...I'm disinclined to leave the house today.  Which makes me a hermit, and I'm okay with that.  For the most part.  Anyway, it's horribly difficult to find a brown zip up hoodie for dirt cheap (which is the only price I'm willing to pay for a hoodie that I'm going to destroy anyway).  You wouldn't think it'd be that big of a deal, but apparently it is.  Which is frustrating.

I should probably read as well so I can stop complaining about how I haven't been reading.  I finished How to Buy a Love of Reading, and to avoid spoiling the book...let's just say that the ending is a little surprising.  Okay, a lot surprising.  I enjoyed the book overall, especially the writer, Bree McEnroy who I could relate to.  According to her backstory, she believed in happy endings and wrote stories that always ended well.  She was whimsical and enjoyed the little things in life, but then her soul was eaten alive and she started writing really bad metafiction that got published despite the fact that it was horrible.  So basically, I have to avoid the soul eating, and I'll be golden.  That's what I've learned from this book: avoid soul eating situations.

Oh this post is going to be thrilling to read when I look back on it.  I'm just...gonna go...have a good Thursday!

"Some day you will be old enough to start reading fairy tales again."
- C.S. Lewis

0 comments:

Post a Comment