Friday, June 17, 2011 | By: Brianna

Taste the Rainbow

Q:  What order do you eat a bag of Skittles and why?

A:  Today's question comes from Melbourne.

As a little kid, you always eat your favorite candy first when you first get home from trick-or-treating because Halloween night is the only time when candy rules don't apply.  Though I can't say that Skittles are the first candies that I eat, I do enjoy them quite a bit.  In thinking about my answer to this question, I thought that I would talk a little bit about how when I was little I would separate the colors into groups.  But I realized when I started typing that I still do that to some extent.  Maybe not in little groupings on my grandmother's table, but in separate parts of my palm when I break open a package.

These are Skittles.
For the three people who didn't know.
Thank you, Google!
So the order which I eat Skittles: green, yellow, orange, red, purple.  I eat Skittles in reverse order depending on how much I like the flavor.  I'm not really a fan of lime-flavored things, so the green goes first.  Lemon is touch and go, so it's second.  Orange is eh, so maybe it should go before yellow, but I've never thought of changing the order...  Anyway, I enjoy the red ones, but I like the purples best.  Sometimes I eat them in order of how many there are.  So if there are a lot of oranges, then I'll eat the oranges before I eat the purples if there were only three purples.

And that's my story.  That's about it.  There's really nothing more to it.
And I'm going to go now.

0 comments:

Post a Comment